GREATER & GREENER 2022 call for speakers
Greater & Greener 2022 Call for Speaker Presentations
Call for Speaker Presentations
City Parks Alliance is pleased to announce a Call for Speaker Proposals for Greater & Greener 2022! At this year’s conference, we are interested in framing conversations with speakers and participants around the complex challenges we all face, and how we are working in partnership to create more equitable, vibrant, resilient, and inclusive communities.
Our tracks are framed around a series of questions. We are interested in hearing how you are grappling with these questions, the new or innovative approaches you are implementing that are having an impact, and what you are learning along the way. We also want to hear what questions you think are important to be discussing.
There will be three different session formats at the conference, each of which includes an opportunity for dialogue. Submitters should give thought to the best format for the topic they would like to discuss.
1. Panel Dialogue. Panels will focus on complex topics that can be explored from multiple perspectives and will include a moderator and two to three speakers. Depending on the topic, panels may include brief presentations followed by moderated discussion or may be all moderated discussion.
2. Innovation Round. Innovation Rounds will focus on innovative approaches to addressing complex challenges and will include brief (7-minute) presentations from four speakers, followed by small breakout groups with each speaker.
3. Peer to Peer Conversations. Peer-to-Peer conversations are moderated discussions among peers from around the country on a shared topic of interest. The focus will be on sharing ideas, challenges and lessons learned. If you submit for this track you will be leading the conversation; let us know what you would like participants to take away from that conversation.
City Parks Alliance will curate sessions by placing individual speakers together to form a panel or innovation round that ensures relevancy, innovation, diversity of perspectives, alignment, and value to our conference-goers. If you have ideas for who would make for a strong panel of speakers, or other presenters to include in an innovation round, you will have an opportunity to make a recommendation in the submission form, but City Parks Alliance reserves the right to select individuals and not the full proposed panel.
Proposal Submission & Speaker Selection Process:
1. Presentation proposals must be submitted on or before August 30, 2021.
2. Review teams, made up of national experts, will review speaker proposals within a track and will rate each proposal based on our evaluation criteria.
3. CPA member proposals will be given priority. Check your membership status here . If you are not a current member, you can renew or become a member here.
4. Selected speakers will be notified no later than December 31, 2021.
5. Speakers who intend to participate at the conference must confirm participation and submit a final headshot and bio by January 7, 2022.
6. Speakers who plan to attend any part of the conference outside of their own session must register for the conference and may do so at a reduced speaker rate.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org